Join the Spenser Wilson Team
Our vacancies page has been updated as we look to grow our team and move the Practice forwards.
For more information please contact Michael Gladstone at firstname.lastname@example.org or see below to see if you could be the right fit for us:
Careers at Spenser Wilson
We are a committed team of around 30 colleagues and with an ever expanding client list we are on the look out for accountancy professionals with a variety of experience levels to come and join us. At Spenser Wilson we are committed to investing in our people with a large proportion of staff working towards professional qualifications right up from apprentices to those that are well on their way to chartership.
You can expect:
- continuous training and support from our partners and senior staff – whatever your experience and qualification level
- enhanced holiday entitlement (32 days total FTE)
- flexible working arrangements (over a third of staff work non-standard hours)
- free on site parking for all staff
- a variety of client assignments including public, private and charity sector
- to collaborate with colleagues who specialise in all of our service areas including audit, tax and payroll
- to use a range of software products to stay on top of the industry
We are keen to speak to experienced accountants who are probably ACA/ACCA qualified or nearly there to join us as an Accounts & Audit Senior or Manager. We envisage that the right person in this role will work towards becoming one of our Partners within 2-3 years. Workload will include:
- Managing audit assignments, teams and stock takes with some travel locally and internationally where required
- End-of-year financial accounts for some of our larger private clients and charities
- Management accounts, cash-flows, forecasts
- Corporation tax returns
- Self-assessment tax returns
- Contribution to supervising and mentoring junior staff
We also have opportunity for a Semi-senior or Senior accountant (DOE) who could have started their professional exams or be well on their way to qualification. We would always look to support candidates through to qualification. Workload will include:
- Preparation of financial accounts for sole-traders, partnership and limited companies
- Client management contributing towards bookkeeping, VAT returns, right through to the year end
- Corporation and self-assessment tax
- Extensive use of software such as Sage, Xero and Accounts Production software
- Being part of the audit team working on client’s sites (not essential)
3-5 years experience in an accountancy practice would be advantageous with some level of professional qualification e.g AAT qualified and/or part way to ACCA/ACA. Experience of software like Sage and Excel is essential.
We are always on the look out for the right people to join our team so whatever your experience, if you are an accountancy professional looking for a new role please contact Michael Gladstone at email@example.com or on 01422 331001.